Baked chocolate marble cake base covered in light vanilla whipped double cream, topped with icing sugar powdered blueberry with strawberry, glazed in strawberry sauce.
Note: Serves 4 – 6.
- 85g unsalted butter
- 130g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 130g vanilla double cream
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 50g melted dark chocolate (I used 70% dark)
- icing sugar powder
- strawberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Butter a 4 cup circular tins and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl either in the microwave (about 30 seconds) or over a double boiler. Once melted, set aside to slightly cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Then add in the flour mixture little by little. Remove around 2/3 cup of the mixture and add the melted chocolate to the mixture left in the stand mixer bowl. Mix to just blend.
- Spoon mixtures alternatively into circular tins. Bake for around 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the vanilla double cream. Wash the blueberries and strawberries, then slice up strawberries in halves. Also put strawberry sauce into a bowl, ready to pour over marble cake.
- Once marble cakes are done in the oven, allow to cool slightly before turning out.
- Spread some whipped vanilla double cream over the top of the marble cakes. Pour some strawberry sauce over the vanilla cream. Place two halves of the sliced strawberries in the centre, and line the outer circle with blueberries. Sprinkle with icing sugar powder.