Peach cream mousse cake! With mango cubes and granadilla jelly top. Finished with peach, strawberry and kiwi.
. 17g Gelatin Powder
. 60g Hot Water
. 350g Whipping Cream
. 3 tablespoon Icing Sugar
. 300g granadilla Puree (if refrigerated, bring to room temperature)
. 300g peach Puree (if refrigerated, bring to room temperature)
. 1 tablespoon Rum
. 200g to 220g Cubed Mango (or use 2 medium sized mangoes)
. 150g mango puree (or use1 medium sized mango)(bring to room temperature)
. 2 tablespoon piping gel
. Strawberries, peaches and kiwis (sliced)
- Unsalted butter, softened, for greasing
- 250 g biscuit wafers or 270 g (2 cups + 2 tablespoons) wafer crumbs
- 56 g (¼ cup) caster (superfine granules) sugar
- 113.5 g (½ cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1. Using a pastry brush, grease the bottoms and sides of a 23-cm (9-inch) springform pan.
2. If using graham wafers, place in the bowl of a food processor and process to a fine crumb.
3. In a small-sized bowl, stir together the graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
4. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up the sides of the greased springform pan, stopping about 2.54-cm (1-inch) from the top of the pan.
5. Place in the freezer to set while preparing the peach and cream cheese filling.
6. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatine powder in hot water. When the gelatine powder is fully dissolved, add to peach puree. Add rum to the mixture. Mix well.
7. In a mixing bowl, whip whipping cream with icing sugar to mousse state. Add the peach mixture to whipped cream. Mix well till incorporated.
8. Put chilled, crumb lined springform pan in a shallow baking tin. Pour the peach mousse filling into crust. Let the cake chill for at least 3 hours to set before removing the cake ring.
9. After the mousse has set and the ring removed, make granadilla puree topping. Blend granadilla puree together with piping gel (add more piping gel if a thicker consistency is desired) and pour on top of the set mousse carefully.
10.Once the granadilla gel has set, decorate the top of the cake with slices of peaches, strawberries and kiwis.