Lightly spiced with pepper, herb and salt Kingklip grilled with melted Mozzarella topped with onion, tomato and parsley puree & prepared cucumber on soft butter mash. Finished with rolled spice egg filled with rich bacon and beans.
- 1 side of white fish, cleaned and scaled (approximately 2.5kg)
- 4tbsn softened butter
- 2tbsn fish spice of your choice
- 2 lemons, halved
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons italian mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 60 ml tomato sauce
- 3 small eggs
- 1 packet of back bacon
- 1 can of beans
For the lemon-garlic butter:
- 1.5 cups butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2tbsn cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3tbsn freshly chopped parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Place the fish on an oiled roasting tray and rub/brush the softened butter all over it. Sprinkle with the fish spice and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake/roast for 12-15 minutes and then remove the foil. Allow to bake/roast for another 5 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter, garlic and lemon juice together in a small saucepan.
- Add the cream and mix well (I use my handheld blender at this point but it’s not essential).
- Add parsley and pepper to taste.
- Mix onions, tomato, parsley, tomato sauce, tomato puree, Italian herbs, and garlic cloves on the frying pan and serve with kingklip when ready.
- Serve the fish with a generous spoonful of the lemon-garlic butter and a good sprinkling of capers.
- Fry an egg omelette with the 3 small eggs, then place it aside. Fry as many rashers of bacon as you’d like, and cook the canned beans. Serve together with kingklip.